post index

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I want you to be my help

Acting Balanced

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save. When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing. Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the Lord his God" Psalm 146:3

After reading this verse I realized that I was putting my trust in my husband. I was happy if he was doing what I wanted, I was sad If I didn't connected with him, I wanted him to change lots of things, I wanted, I wanted... What would happen if something happens to him? What is happening to me? As one reader suggested to me last week, when someone becomes annoying is because you have something to change towards him. And YESSSS it was true.
God has given me this verse as a present this night and I want to share it with you. I want to set aside all of my wondering and put the Lord in the first place. God, help me to change.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel, I think. My ex husband (my older children's dad) was a long distance truck driver and he was away for weeks at a time. I never really got used to it.
    Thank you for sharing the verse, I still struggle.
    Hoping to link up with Daddy Time this week. Sorry I missed last week. I will be sharing pictures from last week.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Thirsty for Comments...
    it's tough when our loved ones are away for awhile. My hubby actually went to New York too for a week awhile back and I had the worst time trying to sleep at night. It was hard not having him there with me, I just didn't feel as safe. The saying is true that you don't realize what you have until it's gone... even when it's just a temporary time apart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, they make me happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails